Tuesday 8 February 2011

New Toys...


I was visiting my parents over the weekend, largely to scavenge my room for old gear/electronic gadgets/toys that I could rip apart and hack! I've now got my old Zoom drum machine, Korg 4-track digital recorder/guitar processor, sony walkman, aiwa minidisc player/recorder, alarm clock (Goku, from Dragon Ball...), talking Pikachu, slightly broken CD player (skips randomly) and a very broken guitar pedal that I thought I'd strip for parts.

Some of the circuits, like Pikachu's above, are pretty simple: just an on button that scrolls through three different sounds.

Other circuits, like the one above from the Korg 4-track, are quite impossible to figure out! I'm a little worried that poking about at random will result in a dead piece of gear...

I'm particularly keen to play about with the minidisc recorder - it'd be fun to be able to sample other toys/gadgets and then screw about with the playback! However, the built in rechargeable battery is completely dead, refusing to recharge at all and hard to find a replacement for; the case's screws are also reluctant to budge, so I can't open it up at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it working...


No comments:

Post a Comment